As usual, lots of people at work have been adding holiday decorations to their desks, shelves, doors, etc. I am no exception. However, my new favorite decoration (pictured above) has gotten some interesting reactions. The most common (as the post title implies) is “What is THAT?” Others include:
- “Is that a frog? No, it has wings, and…tentacles?”
- “I feel like it’s looking at me.”
- “I’m not sure if that’s cute or concerning. Or both.”
- “Um, have you considered something a little more…um…normal?”
- “Is that from a movie…or a book…or…?”
- “Seriously, can you put it away until I leave?”
- “Oh, what a cute…whatever it is.”
- “Omg, it’s Cthulhu Claus!”
That last one was from a colleague who’s totally on my wavelength when it comes to being a geek, and therefore correctly identified this super-cute interpretation of the horrific Great Old One from H.P. Lovecraft’s “The Call of Cthulhu”. We then spent a very unproductive but insanely fun fifteen minutes looking at all the great Cthulhu Claus artwork online.
I might have to keep him around all year.
Do you have/have you seen any offbeat holiday decorations?