Amanda Cade

Worth It! (Things to try, read, watch, hear, and discuss)

call-a-friend-2.png

Today is National Call a Friend Day, intended to motivate everyone to take the time to have a conversation. A lot of our communication these days happens digitally, through emails, social media posts, texts, and so on. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it isn’t quite the same as a real time, back and forth conversation. I’m a big fan of conversation (I prefer face to face, but on the phone is still pretty good), and make an effort to have regular talks with the important people in my life. Even so, when I took some time to reflect and take stock this morning, I easily thought of several friends I haven’t actually talked to in weeks.

call-a-friend-1.png

I’m going to be making some calls and catching up with them over the next few days, starting today.

Let Me Know

Are there people you need to catch up with? How important do you think it is to have phone or face to face conversations?

9 thoughts on “Talk to a Friend Today

1. kagould17 says:

I guess I am ahead of the game. I recently reached out to about 25 people from my old work life recently and ended up getting 20 E-mail responses and having 3 great phone calls with friends, one a long time friend of 42 years. Seems we had each been thinking about calling, but one of us had to take the step. Thanks for this post, Amanda. Allan

Liked by 1 person

2. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

Phone calls and face to face conversations are becoming lost arts.

I rarely hear from my family… and as a cousin once asked me “why don’t you get a Facebook account so we can chat sometime?” I told her, “because I have a phone number and you can call or text me anytime.”

Liked by 1 person

1. Amanda Cade says:

I’ve never had a Facebook account. Just not my thing.

Liked by 1 person

1. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

I refuse to get one. People seem to act like it’s the only means of communication.

Liked by 1 person

3. fakeflamenco says:

Thanks for the topic of your post! I think phone conversations (and in person chats) are great ways to reconnect. I feel like the more modes of communication we have, the less we actually do communicate. Off to call a friend! -Rebecca

Liked by 1 person

1. Amanda Cade says:

Have a great conversation!

Liked by 1 person

4. I enjoyed a face to face with my cousin today for about 3 hours. No phones or computers and it was wonderful! Excellent post Amanda!

Liked by 1 person

1. Amanda Cade says:

That’s great! It’s so important to spend time with people. ☺

Liked by 1 person